This pattern is part of the Build Ami series and pairs up with the Basic Doll Base to create any amigurumi you want.
Let’s get to crocheting:
- MC: Magic circle
- Ch: Chain
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Sl st: Slip Stitch
- Sc dec: Single Crochet Decrease
- Sc inc: Single Crochet Increase
- (xx): Numbers in bold mean stitch count at the end of each round
In a 1 inch by 1 inch square of stitches there should be 4sc and 4 rows of sc.
- 4.50mm Crochet Hook
- Medium Weight Yarn
- Yarn needle (metal recommended)
- A stitch marker (I use colorful paperclips)
- Round 1: MC, 6sc (6) set your marker
- Round 2: 6 sc inc (12)
- Round 3: (1sc, 1 sc inc) x6 (18)
- Round 4: (1sc, 1 sc inc, 1sc) x6 (24)
- Round 5: (3sc, 1 sc inc) x6 (30)
- Round 6: (2sc, 1 sc inc, 2sc) x6 (36)
- Round 7-14: Sc around. Re-place your stitch marker after completing each row. (8 rounds)
You’ll not be working ROWS into this same piece, this will create the “triangle” part of the widow’s peak:
- Round/Row 15: Sc 10 (10)
- Row 16: Ch 1, turn your work, skip the first stitch, 7 sc across, 1 sc dec (8)
- Row 17: Ch 1, turn your work, skip the first stitch, 5 sc across, 1 sc dec (6)
- Row 18: Ch 1, turn your work, skip the first stitch, 3 sc across, 1 sc dec (4)
- Row 19: Ch 1, turn your work, skip the first stitch, 1 sc across, 1 sc dec (2)
- Row 20: Ch 1, turn your work, skip the first stitch, 1 sc (1). Ch 1 and fasten off, leaving a 15 inch long tail for sewing.
This should be placed as a “wig-cap” over the already stuffed amigurumi. For better reference of what the final piece will look like, sew to the amigurumi AFTER the body is done.
Using a yarn needle sew every outer loop of the Widow’s Peak cap to the amigurumis head. The back of the hairline should almost touch the amigurumi’s neck. Pay special attention to the tip of the peak and slightly stretch it forward to keep its angle sharp.
I’D LOVE TO SEE YOUR SUPPORT! IF YOU HAVE PROGRESS PICTURES OR WANT TO SHARE YOUR FINISHED PROJECT PLEASE TAG NANO STITCHES ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You may sell your product providing pattern credit to Nano Stitches on Instagram, Etsy, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Ravelry, TikTok : @nanostitches9
or any other social media in which you advertise. The pattern itself shall not be copied. If you sell the items you must use your own pictures for advertising. If you need assistance during the process or find someone else selling my pattern feel free to contact me on social media or email me at [email protected]