This pattern is part of the Build Ami series and pairs up with the Basic Doll Base to create any amigurumi you want.
Doll Base Pattern referenced can be found here.
Let’s get to crocheting:
- Ch: Chain
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Sl st: Slip Stitch
- Sc inc: Single Crochet Increase
- (xx): Numbers in bold mean stitch count at the end of each round
In a 1 inch by 1 inch square of stitches there should be 4sc and 4 rows of sc.
- 4.50mm Crochet Hook
- Medium Weight Yarn
- Yarn needle (metal recommended)
- A stitch marker (I use colorful paperclips)
To make a skirt, mismatch the colors of the amigurumi’s top and the skirt itself. If you want to make a dress, use the same yarn color that you used on the amigurumi’s top.
- Ch 18, sl st to the first ch to form a circle. Ch 1 and sc 18 around, sl st to the first sc of the round. (18)
- Ch 1, (3sc, 1 sc inc) X4, sc 2, sl st to the first sc of the round. (22)
- Ch 1, (4sc, 1 sc inc) X4, sc 2, sl st to the first sc of the round. (26)
- Ch 1, sc around, sl st to the first sc of the round. (26)
- Ch 1, (5sc, 1 sc inc) X4, sc 2, sl st to the first sc of the round. (30)
- Ch 1, sc around, sl st to the first sc of the round. (30)
This makes a skirt that is able to wrap around the amigurumi’s torso. Place the “waistline” between rounds 25 and 26. Using a yarn that matches the skirt’s color and a yarn needle, sew the skirt to the amigurumi’s waist grabbing only the outermost stitches to create a seamless stitch.
Hide all yarn ends, and you’re done! One step closer to creating any amigurumi that you want 🙂
Match rounds 26 to 29 using the same color as the skirt and then the first 2 rounds of each leg as well. Then carry on with the legs as you please. This will make it look as if your amigurumi is wearing a skirt with matching shorts after you sew the skirt on!
There are no limits really, add-in a little slit and you can even make a graduation gown.
I’D LOVE TO SEE YOUR PROJECTS! IF YOU HAVE PROGRESS PICTURES OR WANT TO SHARE YOUR FINISHED PROJECT PLEASE TAG @NANOSTITCHES9 ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You may sell your product providing pattern credit to Nano Stitches on Instagram, Etsy, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Ravelry,TikTok : @nanostitches9 or any other social media in which you advertise. The pattern itself shall not be copied. If you sell the items you must use your own pictures for advertising. If you need assistance during the process or find someone else selling my pattern feel free to contact me on social media or email me at [email protected]